1) Start Early – “Early bird gets the worm.” Getting up early and starting early is a great habit to get into. You will be more productive and happier overall. People who start earlier are more likely to work on completing their goal. The earlier you start the less time you have to give yourself excuses.
2) Create a plan – Every Morning write down tasks that you want to complete. This list should include small tasks that will get you closer to your goal. Place this list in a place that you will see often.
3) Stay Accountable – If you say your working on a project today, stick with it. Realize wasting time, pushing back tasks, and not working towards goals is not acceptable. You’ll get a lot more done if you stick with it. Motivate yourself by holding yourself accountable every single day.
4) Get Interested – Keep your goal on your mind. Remind yourself why this goal is important to you. Tell yourself exactly why you have to accomplish this goal.
5) Find your motivational Factor(s) – People are motivated for different reasons. Finding your motivational factor(s) is necessary for achieving any goal. Find your motivational factor here.
6) Take Action – Working towards a goal everyday is important. If you skip one day you will skip everyday. NEVER skip a day working towards a goal. If you set a goal and have a plan in place you need to stick with it.
7) Stay Positive – It is always important to not let people’s negativity get you down. You have to stay positive and know that you can do anything. All goals start with a single step. Any big achievement in life is made up of tons of small steps.
8) Focus – Losing weight, getting fit, starting a business, and all other goals you have to focus. When it comes time to work towards your goal you must put in 110%. Get away from all distractions and maybe even try listening to music that helps you focus.
9) Create Strong Habits – Strong habits are a necessity to motivating yourself. Every single aspect of completing a goal can be credited to having the right habits. Most goals take a period of time to complete. Strong habits include: work ethic, accountability, positivity, and dedication.
10) Don’t waste time – Wasting time is just delaying your goal. The longer your goal is delayed the less likely you are to complete that goal. Because of this it is very important to avoid wasting time. You will not be able to motivate yourself if you are wasting time.
11) Small Steps – Small steps lead to success. Looking at any successful company or person and you’ll realize their success was because of tons and tons of small steps put together. These small steps turn into giant leaps over time.
12) Listen to music – Music has been proven to increase focus and make you more productive. If you are working on a physical task inspiration or high energy music is appropriate. If you are working on a mental task listen to music without lyrics. This will lead to success.
13) Compete – Turning goals into competitions is a great way to achieve them. You have to make sure that both people in the competition are dedicated to achieving the goal. If one person gives up it can be demotivating. To make sure this doesn’t happen try creating an incentive to win the competition. This will increase focus and dedication.
14) Take frequent short breaks – Taking a 2 – 5 minute break every hour will insure that you don’t burn out. This can be helpful for long term goals as you will be much more likely to stick with them.
15) Reflect on progress – Small steps turn into big steps over time. At the end of every week or month reflect back on the progress you’ve made. This will keep you interested and focused on finishing your goal.