A large list of motivational quotes. These motivational quotes are based on the idea of achieving your goals. These quotes speak truths about success and accomplishing goals.
1) Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.
– Dwight D. Eisenhower
2) Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
– Carol Burnett
3) Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it
– Charles R. Swindoll
4) Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Til your good is better and your better is best.
5) It always seems impossible until it’s done.
6) If you can dream it, you can do it.
7) Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
8) If you feel down yesterday, stand up today.
-H. G. Wells
9) When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
10) We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
11) Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
12) If you’re going through hell, keep going.
13) Well done is better than well said.
14) Expect problems and eat them for breakfast
-Alfred A. Montapert
15) You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.
16) What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
17) Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds
-Gordon B. Hinckley
18) Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
19) Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
20) The people who influence you are the people who believe in you.
21) I am not afraid… I was born to do this.
-Joan of Arc
22) If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.
23) Act as if what you do makes a difference, it does.
24) Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
25) A goal is a dream with a deadline.
26) The ultimate aim of ego is not to see something, but to be something.
27) Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed – there’s so little competition.
28) Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.
29) I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.
30) Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.
31) Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.
32) The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
33) Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
34) Every exit is an entry somewhere else.
35) It’s always too early too quit.
-Norman Vincent Peale
36) Deserve your dream.
37) Step by step and the thing is done.
38) Don’t think, just do.
39) When one must, one can.
40) Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.
41) I was motivated to be different in part because I was different.
42) Who seeks shall find.
43) I think people who are creative are the luckiest people on earth. I know that there are no shortcuts, but you must keep your faith in something greater than you, and keep doing what you love. Do what you love, and you will find the way to get it out to the world.
44) You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
45) The more we do, the more we can do.
46) Our greatest wekness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
-Thomas A. Edison
47) It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not give up.
48) Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
49) Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
50) Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to god.
51) Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
52) If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
53) What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
54) Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
55) Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
56) The key to success is to start before you are ready.
57) We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
-A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
58) When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
59) I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.
-Robert H. Schuller
60) If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.
-John D. Rockefeller
61) A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S. Patton
62) I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.
63) Opportunity does not knock; it presents itself when you beat down the door.
64) Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
65) Either move or be moved.
66) We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault, because if you wanted to change you’re the one who has got to change.
67) Never give in and never give up.
-Hubert H. Humphrey
68) One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.
69) No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
70) The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.
71) If you think you can do it, you can.
72) Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.
73) Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
74) You will never win if you never begin.
75) A somebody was once a nobody who wanted to and did.
76) The hardships that I encountered in the past will help me succeed in the future.
77) You create your opportunities by asking for them.
78) When you fail you learn from the mistakes you made and it motivates you to work even harder.
79) Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.
80) If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.
81) You never know what motivates you.
82) I went to a motivational training course once, a course of self-discovery, and I found out after a week that my fear – it was not a fear of not being accepted – was a very violent fear of failure.
83) Poverty was the greatest motivating factor in my life.
84) Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.
85) The dog that trots about finds a bone.
86) There is always room at the top.
87) Fear of failure, it’s the greatest motivational tool. It drives me and drives me and drives me.
88) With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
89) You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.
90) Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
-Pope John XXII
91) Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
92) You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
93) The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
94) Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
95) You can’t cross the sea by merely standing and staring at the water.
96) The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
97) Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
98) Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
99) Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
-John F. Kennedy
100) The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
101) There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
102) Either you run the day or the day runs you.
103) The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
104) We aim above the mark to hit the mark.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
105) There’s a way to do it better – find it.
-Thomas A. Edison
106) Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.
107) Do the one thin you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
108) You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.
109) Don’t give up. Don’t lose hope. Don’t sell out.
110) Either I will find a way, or I will make one.
111) The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare.
112) Step by step and the thing is done.
113) Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.
114) Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.
-Norman Ralph Augustine
115) Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.
116) There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.
117) When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for everyone telling you you’re nuts.
118) Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
119) The single best piece of advice: Constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.
120) If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.
121) It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.
-J. K. Rowling
122) It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
-J. K. Rowling
123) What god intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.
124) The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that’s changing really quickly the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.
125) I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.
126) The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
127) Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
128) You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.
129) It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
130) If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
131) People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
132) Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic great entrepreneur.
133) We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
134) Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; What would it look like?
135) We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.
-Dr. Henry Link
136) Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.
137) Security Is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
138) The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.
139) The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best.
140) Develop an “attitude of gratitude”. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.
141) What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all the time.
142) Creativity is intelligence having fun.
143) The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
144) Tough times never last, but tough people do.
-Robert H. Schuller
145) When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.
146) Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
147) Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided not to give up but kept going no matter what.
148) Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you are done.
149) Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.
150) Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.
-W. Clement Stone
Motivational quotes can help you become motivated. In order to stay motivated you must understand the process. Staying motivated is one of the most challenging battles that we face in our lives. Learn to get and stay motivated here: